Small, but mighty
Our microcredentials suite offers short-term learning experiences, designed to support individuals to acquire new skills, progress with their personal development or change careers.
These bite-sized, rapid professional development courses are created to assist individuals in developing in-demand career skills, so that they can proceed into their chosen profession and go on to progress even further in their careers.
Each microcredential offered by OCN London is developed and assessed through a range of innovative, industry-relevant activities and is accompanied by a range of learning resources & materials.
Reasons why microcredentials matter
- Allows rapid deployment of new skills packages – can be brought to market in weeks rather than months
- Facilitates precision learning – very specific skills needs can be met and support individuals who may be experiencing difficulty with acquiring or maintaining inherent skills
- Supports just-in-time learning throughout someone’s career -they allow those starting their learning journey to thrive, even those with a traditional degree to diversify or become specialists in a new field
- Are stackable and can lead through to certification – fully supports lifelong learning
- Can be mapped against different skills taxonomies – OCN London are a licenced SFIA partner
- Supports learners to develop at any stage of their career – applicable to experienced staff, new recruits and apprentices to support CPD and induction
- Offers truly agile and accessible learner journeys – Flexibility for learner to experience, learn and develop at own pace and on own schedule
Digital badge designs
Digital badges accompany microcredentials as a visual means of sharing evidence of skills and talent verification.
The metadata in digital badges are used by microcredentials to communicate information about the learning experience.
01Colours / Levels
Colours are assigned to the level of microcredential achieved
- Skills & Competence
- Knowledge & Understanding
- Professional Behaviours
- Internally assessed
- Externally assessed
Example 1 – Green skills
View an example (Level 1 in Exploring careers in the green industries) of our green skills microcredentials.
Example 2 – Digital skills
View an example (Level 2 in Spreadsheet software) of our digital skills certifications.
Example 3 – Professional skills
View an example (Level 4 in Attending a networking event) of our professional skills attendance badges.