We have a fascinating story to tell which dates back to the 1970s when a consortium of colleges found that they shared a passion to provide alternative pathways to individuals who didn’t have the option of a traditional school and/or college education.
The collective mindset was that everybody should have access to education, whatever their circumstance and the open college network was formed.
The ground-breaking model was built on a credits based system, which allowed learners to advance in small, measured steps.
From this, a grassroots movement for the open college network flourished with the resolute principle of broadening participation in education. We are continuing that legacy at OCN London, whilst also meeting the needs of the rapidly evolving communities that we serve.
To create an awarding organisation with a difference – one whose priority is providing added value, rooted firmly in the values of social justice.
To help create a fairer society where everyone, whatever their educational background, has an opportunity to benefit from learning, realise their potential and fulfil their goals.
Our path has been forged by genuine commitment, ethical innovation, and an unwavering dedication to outstanding customer service.Carlos Cubillo-Barsi
CEO, OCN London
- A belief in the entitlement of people to gain recognition for their achievements in learning and to fulfil their potential
- Respect for and encouragement of diversity – in learners and learning approaches, partners and settings
- A passion for making a difference to disadvantaged individuals, groups and communities
- An ambition to open up opportunities for vocational progression and personal and social development
- A commitment to integrity and ethical business practices
- A commitment to the highest standards of quality and excellence in delivery
- A commitment to recognise and build on the unique history of the OCN in London
Our team of dynamic, innovative leaders and professionals, working in harmony with our technical experts and operational specialists, all have a common goal of providing an exceptional customer experience
Work for us
Our mission is to help create a fairer society where everyone, whatever their educational background, has an opportunity to benefit from learning, realise their potential and fulfil their goals
Read more here about the latest developments and current news from OCN London, the Education sector, the wider political landscape and relevant international events
It was a pleasure working with OCN London on curriculum material that will be used to help train the next generation of solar industry professionalsSolar Energy UK