Introduction To Assessment & Moderation Processes For Newly Recognised Centres
This training session is designed for people who are completely new to formal assessment and moderation and specifically have become an OCN London recognised centre within the past 6 months.
New Centre: Included in new centre recognition.
Existing Centre: £30.
Not open to those not currently recognised by OCN London
During this three and a half hour session you will:
- Consider the purpose of assessment and the importance of effective assignment design in delivering the centre’s curriculum
- Consider the purposes and benefits of internal and external moderation
- Look at the roles of assessor, internal moderator and quality reviewer
- Evaluate your own organisation’s needs in this respect
- Learn how to record outcomes of assessment and internal moderation
- Look at the touchpoints in terms of your organisation and OCN London and the reasons behind the formality of these.
This training session is delivered in a small group setting, meaning that it is easy to get direct feedback from our experienced tutor that is relevant to your centre and situation.
- Training is currently provided Online via Zoom
- Cost is included in initial fees for delegates from OCN London Newly Recognised Centres, or £30 per delegate for existing centres (not suitable for non-member organisations).
- This training is non-accredited but learners receive a certificate of attendance as evidence for Continuing Professional Development.
We can also offer this course as in-house training for your specific organisation. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your training needs.
Courses not gaining minimum numbers of delegates will be cancelled the week prior to the published session date.
Please note: This training is not suitable for Access to HE.