City Lit has been providing part-time courses for adults for more than 100 years and attracts around 25,000 students a year. The college began running courses to prepare adults for university in the mid 1960s and so has more than fifty years of successful experience in this area. The College understands that returning to study can be daunting as well as an exciting experience. Their courses include individual tutorials, study advice and support to help students take this step successfully.
In addition to its Access to Higher Education programme, City Lit offers a wide choice of part-time courses: visual arts, performing arts, languages, humanities, computing, health and movement, psychology and counselling, music, and teacher training. There is also specialist provision for deaf adults and for those with learning difficulties, and courses in speech therapy. The main City Lit building in Keeley Street, Covent Garden, has excellent facilities including: drama studios and music rooms; a learning centre and library; a multi-purpose performance hall; student lounges; and 56 bright, modern teaching rooms.
- Duration of courses: one year
- Learning support: study skills support, dyslexia support
- Accessibility: City Lit is 100% accessible. Support available for deaf students and those with other disabilities
- Attendance: Evening - Tues and Thurs
- Progression: Leads to a wide range of degree courses in Humanities and Social Science subjects (e.g. History, English, Sociology, Philosophy, Anthropology, Ancient History, Politics, Development Studies, International Relations). Recent destinations have included LSE, Queen Mary, London, Goldsmiths College, King’s College London, University College London, SOAS, the universities of Sussex, Leeds, and Westminster
- Location: City Lit, Keeley Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2B 4BA